Hunger relief has been the cornerstone of our mission for the last 41 years, and now we are seeing more need than ever before. Our Nourishment Network feeding programs include:
- The Nourishment Network Market, located onsite at 4615 Philips Highway, is the first client-choice pantry on the Southside of town. To accommodate social distancing, the Market is currently distributing food curbside. No appointment is necessary, and clients may visit LSS for food twice per month. Please bring your ID. Current Market hours: Monday through Friday: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Backpack Program provides nutritious food to schoolchildren receiving free or reduced-fee lunches during the school week. The food sent home with the students each Friday provides healthy meals and snacks for the weekend, when school meals are not available. LSS currently provides food to children at 14 schools in Duval and Clay Counties.
- Serving Our Seniors delivers groceries to 400 low-income senior citizens every month.
Nourishment Network is made possible by generous support from:
NEW! LSS is partnering with Feeding Northeast Florida to distribute free food to 200 households on the dates below from 10 a.m – 12 p.m. Please read details below carefully before coming to the event.
In addition to our regular pantry services, LSS hosts the Feeding Northeast Florida Mobile Pantry on the third Friday of each month from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Feeding Northeast Florida will deliver prepackaged boxes which containing fruits, vegetables, precooked meat, cheese and milk.
Food is distributed first come, first served for up to 200 people. ID is required. Our regular Nourishment Network Market will be unavailable during the Mobile Pantry distribution. LIMIT 2 HOUSEHOLDS PER CAR.
PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE BEFORE 10AM. YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE UNTIL THE DISTRIBUTION BEGINS.
How to receive food from the Mobile Pantry:
1. Enter LSS from side street Hudnall Road and follow the cones.
2. Follow LSS staff directions for parking and collect your pre-packaged food box.
3. Exit LSS parking lot via Philips Highway.